The history of Khan Bahadur Group dates back to 1935 when late & great Khan Bahadur Badi Ahmed Chowdhury was crowned with the title of “Khan Bahadur” for his outstanding service and sacrifice for his country as an MLA (Member of Legislative Assembly) & MLC (Member of Legislative Council) under her Royal Highness the Queen of England. He accumulated a large portion of estates at the time which were turned into corporations by the following generations in his family. During most of the 20th century, Khan Bahadur Group’s business was mainly focused on maintenance of his estate which cultivated shrimp & salt (Rahima Agro Ltd.) along with pioneering ship breaking and textiles. At the beginning of 21st century, the group switched to operating ships (Amanat Marine Works) and concentrated more on the agro side by going into the potato storage business. Around 2009, the company went through a management overhaul which resulted in investments in diverse industries and industrialized some of it’s estate ownership.
Industry & Development
The group as a whole took large steps in terms of industrialization and the development of the economy in the 21st century. It has its own FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) brand called “KB Foods”. KB Foods rice is a top of mind rice brand in the country with its products processed in its own factory called “Shah Makahdum Modern Rice Mills Ltd” which uses the most sophisticated modern technology available today. In Agriculture, it runs its own 10,000 MT of potatoes and the cultivation of shrimps and salt which started in the early parts of the 20th century and continues till today.
The group is the master franchisee for the New York Pizzeria Sbarro in all of Bangladesh and also owns a business boutique hotel called Executive Inn. Mahtab Corporation is the company that successfully executed several G2G contracts including wheat G2G between the Bangladesh Government and The Russian Federation. We also successfully facilitated major development projects in different ministries with fundings from World Bank and Korean Exim Bank along with various projects under GOB fund. The group owns several oil tankers and owns a renowned and one of the oldest shopping malls in the prime location of Chittagong city.
Quality, Quality & Quality
The Group’s biggest asset is its historic image in the country and it preserves it with the highest quality in all its products and services.
- Bachelors from The University of New Mexico’s MD Anderson School of Management in Economics with a minor in Film & Accounting.
- MBA from Texas A&M University’s May’s Business School in Economics
- MBA from Amberton University in Strategic Leadership
- 2 years of experience working with Bank of America
- 4 years of experience working for the financial giant JP Morgan where he was made the team lead of the operations team handling all the high-end investment syndicated complex portfolios from US and Europe.
Mahtab Uddin Chowdhury
- Bachelors from University of Texas at Dallas’ Navin Jindal School of Management in Economics
- 5 years of experience in business
- Specializes in Hospitality and Device business
Click on a member to view details.
Pride in Excellence